Thursday, June 12, 2008

Me? Stay at home mom?

Who would have ever thought that I would be a stay at home mom? A "mom" is pretty miraculous in itself...forget about it, being married is miraculous in itself! WHo is this person?? Yet I find myself extremely humbled and honored to be in my new DOMESTIC DIVA position. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely an adjustment....like needing to pack the entire house to run to the store for a pack of gum. And I have already learned the beauty of the "drive thru" anything...bank, drycleaner, car wash. (though my butt is paying the price). But one look into the big brown, sometimes blue, sometimes green eyes of my beautiful daughter and it's all worth it....the sleepless nights, the milk-factory boobs, the jiggly tummy, the five-minute "please don't cry" showers...ALL worth it.

And the journey begins.....

2 comments:

Rachel Neal said...

ROFL...the drive thru thing is SOOO true. I used to tsk tsk at those sitting in that long line in their car rather than getting out, now....I'm one of them!! I actually seek them out, as it lets Evan sleep longer. :D

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the drive thru...I just wish Walgreens weren't such jerks and just let me buy a gallon of milk when I pick up my prescription- I just know it would fit in that drive-thru tray :)
Char